Compiling a CV
- Ensure you include full contact details including email
- A profile (a bit about you!) your qualities, strengths and experience at the head of your CV is a good start
- Briefly list Education and qualifications attained
- Career History - compile it in chronological order with the most recent job at the top
- List your duties intelligently without an exhaustive list of everything you ever did at work! – Bullet points make it easier to read
- Include a short piece highlighting your major achievements within the role
- Use a clear, readable font and always spell check – poor spelling and grammar is a definite turn off!
- Keep your CV concise, ideally 2 pages
- Referees – available on request (do not list names if you do not want them contacting before an interview)
Remember your CV is your only chance to sell yourself to a new employer and has to be good enough to secure an interview offer so it's worth putting in that extra bit of work. Good Luck!