We are currently recruiting for a self-motivated software programmer/engineer to join as a full-time permanent member of the development team at our client's UK headquarters in Tewkesbury.
The job is varied, interesting and demanding, involving design and development of graphical Windows applications, and would suit someone highly motivated who is quick to learn, willing to take the initiative, and happy to work both independently and with other members of the team. Applications are primarily written in C++ using Microsoft Visual Studio tools, so a good working knowledge of C/C++ is essential, and experience with MFC would be an advantage. There are also opportunities for database and web development.
Possible areas of work
- 2D and 3D graphics
- Intuitive user interfaces
- Data models and databases
- Geometric and other algorithms
- Interfaces with other software packages
- Web services and web sites
- Maintain existing software and develop new features to provide robust and reliable solutions for their worldwide customer base
- Work alongside senior developers to capture requirements and define and implement solutions
- Take responsibility for designated projects or tasks including execution in a timely manner and reporting of progress to project reviews
- Generate supporting technical documentation, both for end users and for internal use
- Degree level qualification in computing, maths, electronics or similar subject
- Genuine experience with C/C++ programming
- Solid C/C++ programming and debugging skills
- Ability to work effectively under ‘light touch’ management
Whilst not essential, the ideal applicant would have experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Electronics or electronic design
- Microsoft Visual Studio
- Developing interactive 2D and/or 3D applications
- 2D and/or 3D geometry
- Developing multi-threaded applications
- Database design and development
- Project or team management
- Salary negotiable, depending on skills and experience
- Opportunities for performance-related bonuses
- Pension scheme
- Relocation package, depending on location and circumstances
Please email your up to date CV to Judy and call to discuss your application further.
First Choice Recruitment are a privately owned independent Recruitment service provider, we act as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and as an employment business for temporary recruitment. Our service is a free and confidential service to work seekers.