Press Editor (£32K - £36K)
Our client is looking for an experienced Editor, with a passion for the H&S Industry to manage and produce the company risk management journal, working alongside a production editor, printers and digital team to ensure timely publication, mailing and upload of each issue. This role is integral to ensuring the Company continue to be the figurehead of all industry related news and views and technical expertise in their specialist arena. If you are an ambitious and proactive editor, with exceptional communication and networking skills, who would thrive in a fast paced, dynamic and multi-faceted work environment and be part of a collaborative team and make a difference, we want to hear from you.
- Prepare annual editorial plan/media pack and commission contributors for each issue
- Use InDesign to ensure issues are laid out in a user friendly and attractive way
- Edit, design and proof issues in line with house style, as well as writing content when needed
- Manage production editor and workload
- Monitor and maintain online news content daily, and share via social media platforms
- Ensure distribution of content through appropriate channels as agreed with marketing and communications team
- Liaise with printers to approve pages and ensure that each edition is printed to a high standard; and that each journal is mailed out via printers to members
- Proofread and edit company content (publications, email marketing etc) to ensure consistency of style and quality
- Attend and report on industry events for use in future issues
- Monitor monthly costs and work with supplier to reduce costs where possible
- Collect feedback to identify the views and needs of members via readership surveys
- Liaise with sales team to incorporate advertisements sold via media pack packages
- Writing (and transcribing), sub editing, editing and proofing
- Magazine production
- Management and recruitment
- Organisation and working to deadlines
- Degree – Journalism/English
- PMA Media Training course in sub-editing
- Media Training course in InDesign
Full time hours (35pw) ; excellent benefits following successful 3 mth probation ;
Based in Moreton in Marsh, within travelling distance from Banbury, Cheltenham, and Strafford-upon-Avon.
If you think you have the qualities and skills required, please email you up to date CV details to Judy and call to discuss further.