P/T Business Manager £30Kpro rata
Our client is a leading provider of innovative research services and solutions to Her Majesty’s Government. Global leaders in Internet facing systems and the innovative application of machine intelligence to the complex problems facing customers in defence and national security.
We are looking to recruit a part time business manager to join the management team at a time of significant growth. The role is based at offices in Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire.
- Preparation and submission of invoices utilising a number of primary sources. Some invoices are submitted via client portals e.g., Exostar, whilst others are submitted by email.
- Management of the overarching spreadsheet which highlights when invoices are due and when dates for invoicing have shifted. Chasing Project Managers as to whether invoices can be raised, or whether they should be postponed.
- Submission of MISO returns for contracts won under framework agreements. These are submitted monthly and allow the end client to generate framework fee invoices, so need to be dealt with within a very short, defined timeline each month.
- Ensuring Company financial processes are compliant with all appropriate legislation and HMRC guidelines.
- Liaising with the Company Accountant when there are share issues and shares exercised so that the Accountant can complete the Annual Return in a timely fashion.
- Providing Management Information including the Monthly Management Accounts to the MD and Board.
- Intermediary Returns.
- Submission of monthly pension figures, together with adding new employees and taking employees off the company scheme.
- Managing assets registers and journals for the Company accountant (depreciation, R&D etc);
- Managing and updating the R&D register
- Keeping the Company up to date, and advising the Board on legislation (accounting, payroll, HR)
Applicants for the post of Business Manager must meet the following criteria:
- An enquiring mind
- Attention to detail.
- Efficient administration skills
- Excellent proven skills in the use of Excel and Word and able to produce ad-hoc analyses from scratch, along with mail merges.
- Possessing a good understanding of duties covered under pensions regulations.
- Part qualified at AAT
- Current or recent experience within the defence industry.
The company look after their people and offer flexible working arrangements, excellent salary and generous pension contribution, and 25 days holiday with opportunities to learn and grow your skills and knowledge working in an intellectually challenging environment.
Successful candidates must meet the security requirements before they can be appointed. You must be a UK National, and able to gain UK security clearances. Details on the vetting process can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/vetting-explained-and-our-vetting-charter
Please email your up-to-date CV details to Judy stating why you feel you are a good match for this opportunity.
First Choice Recruitment are a privately owned independent Recruitment service provider, we act as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and as an employment business for temporary recruitment. Our service is a free and confidential service to work seekers.