Accounts Assistant – Tewkesbury. £25/30k doe
Our National Tewkesbury client has a vacancy for an experienced Accounts Assistant to join their well-established company. This is a varied full-time permanent role covering all aspects of Accounting functions; hours 9-5.30pm . Previous experience of working in a similar role and SAGE 50 experience is essential along with AAT level 3 or 4.
- Raising daily sales invoices and sending customers statements.
- Setting up and maintaining accurate customer accounts including credit checking for new customers and liaising with HMRC
- Processing purchase ledger invoices
- Liaising with customers in a professional manner to sort out any queries.
- Credit Control - following up overdue payments and requesting payment date
- Supplier Statements - checking invoices on the ledger agree with supplier statements
- Assisting with weekly Payroll via SAGE 50 payroll; adding new starters, payslips and Bacs payments
- VAT submissions
- Bank reconciliation and notifying sales depart of payments received
- Liaising with the company accountant on all aspect of accounts
- Experienced in all areas of accounting functions
- Sage 50 Accounts (essential)
- AAT level 3 or 4 qualified
- Team player capable of accepting responsibility and able to use own initiative
- Excellent telephone manner with ability to build strong rapport with customers
- Ability to work under pressure
- High attention to detail and ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work unsupervised
Salary £25/30k depending on experience.
To apply for this role please email an up to date CV.
First Choice Recruitment are a privately owned independent Recruitment service provider, we act as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and as an employment business for temporary recruitment. Our service is a free and confidential service to work seekers