This interesting & varied permanent opportunity is for a hands-on Technician who can assist with conducting experimental and research projects at Company’s Test & Research Laboratory site in Gloucestershire. Our client performs important product research and testing to comply with strict safety legislation and government standards, and you would be working withing the company’s technical division assisting with bespoke experimental research programmes and standards testing.
This is an opportunity to join a motivated workforce and carrying out a wide verity of valued practical work and will include recording of detailed test results, data and video processing. Anyone with practical skills such as bricklaying, pipe fitting and monitoring test fires, may well find this role of interest. It would also include equipment maintenance and test clear up. This is a ‘high visibility jacket’ laboratory role and the successful candidate should be happy to work outdoors and occasionally work at height or in a confined space.
- Perform testing accurately and efficiently under the supervision of the test manager.
- Recording and processing data on time in line with laboratory good practice.
- Contribute to the design and construction of samples and test rigs prior to testing.
- Assist with operation of safety systems for the execution of testing and research.
- Comply with scheduled assignments.
- Undertake appropriate training and personal development.
- Promptly identify problems and report immediately to the responsible manager.
- Undertake equipment maintenance and consumable stock control, where applicable.
- Possess GCSE in a Technical Subject, Maths and English Language, City & Guilds NVQ Level 3, HNC or equivalent in an engineering discipline.
- Demonstrate hands-on practical ability/aptitude. Ideally, we are looking for someone who is able to show skills in mechanical engineering, construction or similar disciplines such as vehicle maintenance, plumbing, domestic electrical installation etc.
- Demonstrate knowledge of safe working practices related to operating machinery.
- Ability to follow instructions and work to established procedures.
- Ability to gather instrument data and document/capture using established forms and systems.
- Computer literate knowledge of Word, Excel and email/web.
- Ability to operate and adapt workflow to suit rapidly changing needs.
- A willingness to learn and develop is essential.
Own transport essential as rural location in Gloucestershire, but easily commutable from Moreton-in-Marsh, Evesham, Cheltenham, Banbury, Stratford upon Avon and surrounds.
Hours 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday.
Please email your up to date CV details to Judy and call to discuss your interest in more detail
First Choice Recruitment are a privately owned independent Recruitment service provider, we act as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and as an employment business for temporary recruitment. Our service is a free and confidential service to work seekers.