Editor (£32K - £36K)
Our client is looking for an experienced Editor professional to manage and produce the company’s monthly journal, working alongside a production editor, printers, and digital team to ensure timely publication, mailing and upload of each issue. Exceptional communication and networking skills required as this is a fast paced, dynamic and multi-faceted work environment and you would be part of a collaborative team who strive to make a difference.
- Prepare annual editorial plan/media pack and commission contributors for each issue
- Use InDesign to ensure issues are laid out in a user friendly and attractive way
- Edit, design and proof issues in line with house style, as well as writing content when needed
- Manage production editor and workload
- Monitor and maintain online news content daily, and share via social media platforms
- Ensure distribution of content through appropriate channels as agreed with marketing and communications team
- Liaise with printers to approve pages and ensure that each edition is printed to a high standard; and that each journal is mailed out via printers to members
- Proofread and edit company content (publications, email marketing etc) to ensure consistency of style and quality
- Attend and report on industry events for use in future issues
- Monitor monthly costs and work with supplier to reduce costs where possible
- Collect feedback to identify the views and needs of members via readership surveys
- Liaise with sales team to incorporate advertisements sold via media packages
- Writing (and transcribing), sub editing, editing and proofing
- Magazine production
- Management and recruitment
- Organisation and working to deadlines
- Degree – Journalism/English
- PMA Media Training course in sub-editing
- Media Training course in InDesign
Full time hours (35pw); excellent benefit package
Based in the Cotswolds within travelling distance from Banbury, Cheltenham, and Strafford-upon-Avon.
If you think you have the qualities and skills required, please email you up to date CV details to Judy and call to discuss further.