Buyer’s Admin Assistant
c£25k a year – Full-time – Permanent
Due to continued growth, our client is looking for Buyer’s Admin Assistant to join their busy team. Working with a superb range of tableware and interiors this role is a customer facing role, and alongside the Buyer and National Account Manager, they are looking for someone who is confident in attending face to face meetings at the head offices of large multi-national retailers, in front of key and senior contacts.
You will be responsible for overseeing the whole product lifestyle and ensuring key dates adhered to.
This is initially an administrative role, however there is huge scope to take on more responsibility in line with the rapid and exciting growth of the company.
- Working with some of the UK largest retailers on own label seasonal and core range product development.
- Alongside the Buyer and National Account Manager, attending meetings at the head offices of large multi-national retailers, in front of key and senior contacts.
- Update costing sheets accurately to submit to customers for sign off.
- Critical path management, ensuring all key dates are adhered to.
- Updating weekly progress trackers and submitting to customers.
- Sample management, including tracking, unpacking/packing and sending to customers.
- Liaising with our Far East sourcing offices to obtain samples, provide feedback and resolve queries.
- Complete new line spreadsheets, raise PO’s and keeping internal systems up to date.
Ideal skills and attributes
- Previous experience within or have worked closely with a product development or buying team (ideal but not necessary).
- Understanding of critical paths and seasonal range development (ideal but not necessary).
- An interest in seasonal trends, interiors and housewares would be an advantage.
Essential skills and attributes
- Strong Microsoft Office skills including Excel and Outlook.
- Keen attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously.
- Capable of thriving in fast paced environments.
- Methodical and organised.