Functional Health Consultant
Our client has been delivering successful occupational health to major employers across the UK for over 20 years. As originators of the integrated healthcare model, they are at the forefront of occupational and personal health risk in the UK. With a vast experience and a proven track record in delivering innovative and robust solutions which benefit employees and offer best value for employers.
Due to continued growth, they are now looking for Functional Health Consultants to join the team. Working both onsite with our clients carrying out face to face health surveillance assessment such as audiometry, vision, spirometry and other work-related assessments as well as offering telephone triage when office/home working. This role is varied and interesting, offering practical advice and guidance across all areas of health and wellbeing.
My client is looking for candidates who are self –motivated, ambitious, keen to learn and have a successful career. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing and dynamic company.
Purpose of the Role:
To deliver the functional health assessments both face to face onsite, and telephone based, whilst maintaining a high level of service.
- Carrying out Health Surveillance assessments, including Audiometry, Vision, Spirometry, HAVS, FLT Medicals and Confined Space Medicals.
- Completing holistic, ergonomic assessments with individuals looking at DSE set ups and Vehicle seating positions whilst exploring the route cause of musculoskeletal symptoms as part of this.
- Identify any potential interventions to support an individual to return to work/remain in work considering occupational, social, psychological and clinical factors.
- Providing education and self-help around an individual's health and wellbeing to support with the long-term prevention of ill health.
- Writing reports with recommendations for clients on how to manage long-term health conditions.
- Travel throughout the UK including overnight stays where required, (expenses provided for mileage, food and accommodation).
- Work comfortably both as part the Functional Health team but also on your own when out on site.
- Help to support the delivery of Wellbeing material/workshops both face to face and remotely where required.
- Experience/Qualifications in completing Health Surveillance assessments such as Audiometry, Spirometry, Vision testing etc.
- Degree level Education or Equivalent professional certification.
- Have own car and be able to travel around the UK.
- Knowledge of relevant Occupational Health principles and HSE guidance.
- Ability to manage your own workload and meet client SLA's.
- Option of Hybrid working if requirements met.
- Clear Career Pathway with rewarded progression.
- Very supportive and friendly team environment.
- Full induction training provided plus continuous training throughout the role.
Salary £25,000 – £30,000 dependant on skills and experience. Excellent benefits package and career development opportunities.