We are pleased to be working with our well established client based in the Cotswolds who has an exciting opportunity for a Laboratory Manager to join the team. You will be Responsible for project managing experimental and research projects as well as maintaining up to date technical knowledge and competencies within the Laboratory team.
- To manage the ongoing technical development of the laboratory.
- To supervise the technical teams when undertaking experimental and research projects.
- To ensure that client work/projects are completed on time and to a high standard.
- To project manage technical and experimental projects as required.
- To directly supervise Project managers on the delivery of commercial projects.
- To be the point of contact for the lab accreditations and certificates Including ISO 17025, UKAS Health & safety, Integrated management systems and to ensure compliance on testing and particularly in regard to inspections and additional accreditations
- To input to quotations for new sales opportunities
- To support the continued development of the technical division and laboratory.
- To represent company on technical and strategic committees and at seminars / exhibitions as appropriate
- To support and maintain management and quality systems
- To maintain and ensure that the laboratory has the required tools and capability to deliver a high-quality test facility
- To maintain current awareness of key issues and developments within the fire industry
- Develop and improve the company calibration capability in temperature and develop staff in calibration techniques ensuring people are competent to conduct calibration on temperature
- Excellent technical knowledge of testing
- Good project and time management skills
- Ability to manage subcontractors and suppliers
- Ability to collect & analyse relevant data and to write concise and technically accurate reports
- Develop safe working procedures
- A leader with good management skills and the ability to motivate and develop a team
- Good practical/creative problem-solving skills
- Good understanding of Health and Safety principles
- Strong attention to detail, who can ensure policies and procedures are followed.
- A good understanding of principles of fire safety
- Budgetary awareness
- A relevant degree and / or professional qualification
Full time hours. Within easy reach of Evesham, Chipping Norton, Stow and Shipston on Stour. Salary: £40/£45k per year plus excellent benefits package.